Beauty · Design · Art
Vision & Objectives
- Global Beauty Specialist Training
- Our educational objective is to prepare students for jobs in the beauty industry both in Korea and abroad by focusing on practical industry specific skills, as well as emphasizing on the job training.
The Beauty industry is expanding rapidly around the world, and this is especially true in Korea. We have a team of experienced professors, of whom over 90% are based in their industry. This beneficial to allow students to learn about where the industry is heading, as well as having close ties to related Beauty industries. Our two-year program helps students:
- Develop practical skills needed for their specific industry
- Develop an understanding of the world of work, and what will be expected of them on the job.
- Acquire nationally recognized certifications which will allow them to find employment easily after graduation.
*put graphic here showing the progression of the two years program.
Areas of Study
Hair Design Stream:
Our department trains future hair designers, Technician, stylist, hair shop manager and beauty coordinators through practical hands-on classes.
Beauty therapy Stream:
Our department trains future skin care specialists, Medical -estheticians in dermatology and plastic surgery, and aroma therapists using a combination of scientific theory and practice training to meet the needs of this growing industry.
Makeup Design Stream:
Our department trains future makeup artists by touching on many of the different types of makeup production, including beauty makeup, wedding makeup, stage makeup, body painting, and fantasy/ special effects makeup.
Industrial based special Programs:
Juno Hair course
This course is open to students involved in the hair design program. On top of the already excellent program offered, these students will have the opportunity to work closely with the Juno Hair Brand team to experience more industry specific training and on the job work experience. Further, students will be able to take advantage of the 100% employment rate into the Juno Hair salon chain after the successful completion of the program.
ELCA Korea beauty consultant course
This course is open to students involved in the make- up & esthetic program. On top of the already excellent program offered, these students will have the opportunity to work closely with the ELCA Korea Brand team to experience more industry specific training and on the job work experience.
*ELCA KOREA Ltd (Estee Lauder companies):
include MAC, Bobbi brown, tom ford beauty and other major brands of cosmetics
This stream gives the students the opportunity to study abroad during their second year at one of our partner schools. During their first year, students will focus on improving their English skills as well as study their major in order to fulfill the languages requirements necessary for the exchange program. There are currently three partner schools:
- Bournemouth and Poole College (UK): students will receive an internationally recognized certificate from the City and Guilds &VTCT after the successful completion of their exchange.
- Burton and South Derbyshire College (UK) : Credits exchange programme
- Australia Government certificate: students have opportunity to obtain Australia Government certificate in Korea which association with TAFE SA College
Students will finish the global program with a strong IELTS score, an international certification, and work experience abroad. Several of our students have returned abroad after graduation to further their studies as part of government scholarship programs, or to seek employment based on their new credentials.
Potential employment opportunities after graduation:
Hair dressing stream:
- A position with Juno Hair Salon (Juno Hair stream)
- Hair designer
- Scalp and hair care manager
- Working with a cosmetics company
Esthetics and Skin care stream:
- Nursing assistant in a hospital (dermatology, plastic surgery, hospital based skin care etc.)
- Professional skin care company
- Cosmetics company
- Spa center
- Bodypainting Makeup artist
- Broadcast company makeup
- Cosmetics company
- Wedding planning makeup artist
- Stage and theatre makeup artist
- Special effects make up artist
- make up artist in Film industry
Career Pathway graphic
|Makeup||Junior Makeup Designer||Makeup Designer||Senior Makeup Artist||Special Makeup Artist||Business Manager|
|Beauty Theraphy||Junior Manager||General Manager||Senior Manager||Director|
|Hair Design||Assistant||Junior Designer||Designer||Business Manager or Director|